10 Things You Need to Know About Under Eye Filler
If you Google “under eye filler,” a plethora of high profile beauty and medical sites will maintain that eyelid fillers are a viable treatment for eyebags, hollowness under the eyes, dark circles or eyelid Festoons. However, that information is wrong. Almost every day, patients come to Dr. Scheiner seeking help to deal with some serious aftereffects of eyelid fillers.
Dr. Adam Scheiner has written many articles on why fillers should not be used under the eyes, but misinformation about fillers continues to spread. For that reason, Dr. Scheiner has compiled the following ten reasons why fillers under the eyes should never be used.
10 Things You NEED to Know About Under Eye Filler
1) Fillers should never be used under the eyes. The only exception to this fact is that fillers can be used effectively for a small subset of younger individuals who have hollowing in the tear trough (near the nose) region of the lower lid. The bottom line for the rest of us: Don’t do it.
2) Fillers will not camouflage lower eyelid bags, and in most cases, adding filler will not diminish the bags, and can exacerbate the condition.
3) Injecting filler under the eyes can cause significant lower eyelid swelling that lasts for years.
4) Fillers under the eyes can result in scarring in the lower eyelid area.
5) Fillers under the eyes can, in rare cases, obstruct arteries in the lower eyelid area resulting in a dramatic loss of skin.
6) Fillers under the eyes can, in rare cases, result in loss of vision.
7) Fillers often result in an obvious blue discoloration under your eyes (called a Tyndall Effect).
8) Fillers under the eyes can cause eyelid Festoons and Malar Mounds to develop years before they might appear.
9) Fillers under the eyes can migrate to other parts of the face.
10) Some types of fillers can’t be dissolved and can cause permanent disfigurement of the face.
Debra had under eye filler treatment to fix the look of her hollow eyes. Her results were not what she had hope, so she sought out Dr. Scheiner for help to reverse the damage done. Watch the full story in the video to the left.